Explore the World with Ray Bidegain - Bordeaux, France
October 3rd-6th 2023
Traveling to a new place to make photographs is challenging, and I love it. I find that once I have arrived in a new place, I am able to make new work that is meaningful and important by simply being amazed.
This workshop will not be a tour-guided set of days, it will be an exploration – one that we will embark on together. I will be in a new place for me, just as it may be a new place for you, and together we will find ways and locations to take great photographs. For four days we will walk around Bordeaux making pictures, sometimes taking public transportation to a new haunt. We will share some meals and spend time each day talking about photography and each of our journeys as artists. We will talk together about techniques, processes, and how to protect the fragile passion for making art that we all possess. We can talk about the marketing and selling of your work, if you like, and I can share how I have navigated the world of art+commerce.
What is included:
- 4 days of working with Ray Bidegain photographing in and around Bordeaux, France. Ray will be mentoring each of you during the day, helping you to make your best work.
- We will share meals each day, when possible, finding interesting cafes and restaurants together along the way.
- There will be many conversations during meals and breaks during the day. Each day will be made up of 2 sessions of photographing with a break in the middle for food, rest, and conversation.
What is not included:
- Students will be responsible for their own travel and lodging. Ray will share the location of his accommodations after you sign up so you can try to stay nearby.
- Students will pay for all their own meals and public transportation.
- I encourage students to make these 4 days a part of a longer trip if they can. Think of this as something to do for a few days while traveling in Europe.
- If you need to cancel your reservation you can do so with a refund of all fees paid until September 1, 2023.
- The workshop will be canceled by Ray Bidegain if not sold out by August 1st and all deposits will be refunded.
- Ray Bidegain reserves the right to cancel for any reason at anytime with a full refund.
Do you offer private mentoring at this time
Yes, I am fully vaccinated and accepting students to my studio that are likewise vaccinated
Can we talk about a custom mentorship ?
Yes indeed, I often create workshops that are tailored to the needs and interests of my students, I am able to provide studies in all Alt process photography genres.
Can you mentor me in the making of photographs as well as the processes?
I will look forward to helping you find your way with making photographs of what ever your desire, I can help you do discover that same desire as well.
How about selling work?
Over the years I have explored many venues of commerce for my work and I will gladly share them with you as you decide what is best for your situation.
The Cascabel Press Studio
My darkroom and printmaking studio
for the last 32 years I have worked in the cozy basement of my 110 year old home in Portland Oregon. Your fine prints are made here and are a product of my love of photography and art.
My backyard daylight studio
Where I make pictures
for the last several years I have been making my work in a small daylight studio in my backyard.